Feb, 08 2017 18:30 AM
Companies use incentives and rewards to stimulate and support people to perform a wide array of behaviors. The challenge is to create incentives and rewards that are effective in achieving users’ goals which, most often, means influencing behavior. A very common mistake in designing incentives and rewards is the designers’ focus on the “tool” and not on the behavior that is targeted.
In this talk, Nick Naumof will focus on the distinctions between incentives and rewards used in “one time” behaviors and “recurring behaviors” and will cover the following topics:
• A critical look at reframing outcomes
• Onboarding and referral incentives
• Positive Feedback (non-monetary rewards)
• Critics on The Fun Theory
• The importance of variable rewards